1. How and why did you start being co?
SM: “Being Co. has been a little dream since I started business college actually! I’ve always wanted to run my own cafe selling nothing but tasty, healthy options (now known as raw food!). It really started for me in 2014, after the famous Acai berry craze (I love Acai bowls!), where I was researching the many popular health food hangs of New York City. I first stumbled across a Matcha House, yes a cafe that stock a full matcha menu where further research took me to learn of the supreme nutritional value of pure matcha, how incredible it was for you and how little you needed to consume of it. I just had to try! Ordering my first samples of various grades of organic matcha from various tea growers in Japan my dream of building a brand that focuses on affordable, highly natural daily ingredients had began! After 6 months Being Co. is now stocked in over 60 cafes and health food stores Australia wide and will continue to grow and deliver ‘green caffeine’ to your favourite cafes!”
2. What is your favourite way to enjoy Matcha?
SM: “I must say, Matcha choc mint bliss balls are just an amazing tasty and highly antioxidising snack!”
“And I cannot go past a matcha latte made with frothed almond milk and a dash of maple syrup! Sweet but full of antioxidants!”
3. What sets being co Matcha apart from the rest?
SM: “Being Co. ‘s Organic Pure Ground Matcha Powder is for everyone, it’s simple to use, it’s 100% natural, organic, unblended and involves 1 ingredient. We also provide recipes to customers to get the most out of the product and work with our cafes to provide the best matcha experience for their customers.”
4. What is your favourite health motto?
SM: “You are what you eat- I couldn’t agree more. Food is fuel and you don’t get the kms out of a McDonald’s burger.”
5. What inspires you?
SM: “2 things in life inspire me.
1. The desire to inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle through my health journey and experience and to find natural products at affordable prices that help deliver the maximum nutrients we require without costing us loads.
2. My mother, the pinnacle of love and support, all I want to do is go out there and prove to her I have what it takes to build, motivate and inspire people, just like she has done for me. And ofcourse my partner (Mr Being Co.) is the very definition of inspiration, he’s always looking to motivate and inspire me in every space in life, when I fall down, he picks me up, dusts me off and sets me back on my way to try again!”
Find out more about Stefanie and Being Co.
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter