Almond Cashew Cream (1 batch)*
24 Ladyfinger / Savoiardi Biscuits
100g dark chocolate
1 cup strong coffee
2 tbsp frangelico (optional)
¼ cup honey or rice malt syrup
- Prepare the almond cashew cream following the recipe here and including the coconut oil (and ricotta if you wish).
- To prepare the syrup add all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. (You may like to prepare ahead)
- Assemble either as one cake or in individual glasses. Begin by dipping a sponge finger into the syrup for approximately 10 seconds or until soaked but not soggy. Lay at the bottom of the dish. Repeat until bottom of the dish is covered.
- Add a layer of cream on top, approximately 1cm deep and ensuring the sponge fingers are covered.
- Grate chocolate on top of the cream.
- Then repeat with soaked sponge fingers. Repeat so you have 3 layers of sponge fingers, 3 layers of cream and 2-3 layers of grated dark chocolate..
- Decorate with dark chocolate or alternatively a dust of cacao.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until ready to serve.
*For a gluten free option for the cake, try substituting the lady finger biscuits for the cake from our lamington recipe (minus the raspberry). Instead add some coffee powder/flavouring and the alcohol as you will not be able to soak the cake like you can the lady fingers.