These delicious tarts make the perfect Easter dessert! For a little fun try decorating with Easter eggs or baby chickens
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 2-2 1/2 tbsp ice-cold water
- 1 ½ cups Luz Almond Medjool Date or Original Almond Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- ¼ cup cacao (additional if desired)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (additional if using Luz Original)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. To make the pastry mix together all the dry ingredients (almond meal, coconut flour and cacao) in a bowl then add to a food processor.
2. Combine vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and 2 tbs ice cold water. Add to food processor and blend until it forms a dough. You made need to add a little more water if it appears dry.
3. Refrigerate for half an hour then press into 6 individual 10cm diameter tart tins.
4. Blind bake on 150 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes then remove weights and cook uncovered for further ten minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. To make the filling, put the tapioca flour, cinnamon and cacao in a saucepan. Add vanilla and maple syrup.
6. Whisk to combine over low heat then add almond milk and coconut milk and whisk constantly. Slowly bring the mixture to the boil and continue stirring constantly until thick custard consistency.
7. Pour into tart cases.
8. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Gently remove tarts from tins and serve dusted with cacao.