Recipe taken from That Sugar Film website
2 cups almond meal
½ – 1 tsp rock salt flakes
1 egg white
2 tsp chopped thyme leaves
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine almond meal, salt, thyme and parmesan (if using) in a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Lightly beat the egg and egg white. Pour into the well.
- Using a spoon or knife stir the mixture until it comes together to form a ball.
- Place dough ball between two large sheets of baking paper and roll out until very thin (approx. 2-3 mm).
- Take the top piece of baking paper off and transfer to a baking tray. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown (oops yes we burnt ours around the edges!)
- Remove from oven and cut into squares while still warm.
- Store in an airtight container in a dark, cool, place.