1 cup rice flour
½ cup almond meal
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
1 cup grated carrots
½ cup pitted medjool dates
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup honey / rice malt syrup
½ cup Luz Date Almond Milk
¼ cup light extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Sift rice flour, almond meal, baking powder/soda and salt and mix evenly.
- Melt the honey in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Use a hand blender to combine the eggs, Luz Date Almond milk and oil. Then add the melted honey.
- Keep the mixer running gradually add the flour/almond meal mix until well combined.
- Fold in the carrots, dates and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into well-greased muffin tins, and bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.