1 cup water
2 tbsp amaretto OR Malibu (optional)
¼ cup honey or rice malt syrup
2 tsp Being Co. Matcha
- Prepare the almond cashew cream following the recipe here and including the coconut oil (and ricotta if you wish).
- Combine 2 tsp of matcha powder with 1 tbsp water, mix until paste formed. Add matcha paste to almond cashew cream and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- To prepare the syrup add all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. (You may like to prepare ahead)
- Assemble either as one cake or in individual glasses. Begin by dipping a sponge finger into the syrup for approximately 10 seconds or until soaked but not soggy. Lay at the bottom of the dish. Repeat until bottom of the dish is covered.
- Add a layer of cream on top, approximately 1cm deep and ensuring the sponge fingers are covered.
- Then repeat with soaked sponge fingers. Repeat so you have 3 layers of sponge fingers and 3 layers of cream.
- Decorate the top as you wish, a simply dusting of Matcha powder also looks great!
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until ready to serve.
*You can make the almond cream with Luz Matcha and omit the added Matcha in the cream layer