Almond Cashew Cream (1 batch)
24-30 Sponge Fingers / Saviordi Biscuits
¼ cup freeze dried strawberries, chopped (optional)
Rosewater (to taste)
1 cup water
2 tbsp Frangelico OR amaretto OR Malibu
¼ cup honey or rice malt syrup
1-2 tsp rosewater (add gradually)
- Prepare the almond cashew cream following the recipe here and including the coconut oil (and ricotta if you wish).
- Add the rosewater so it provides a delicate, fragrant taste.
- Stir through freeze-dried strawberries.
- To prepare the syrup – add all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. (You may like to prepare ahead)
- Assemble either as one cake or in individual glasses. Begin by dipping a sponge finger into the syrup for approximately 10 seconds or until soaked but not soggy. Lay at the bottom of the dish. Repeat until bottom of the dish is covered.
- Add a layer of cream on top, approximately 1cm deep and ensuring the sponge fingers are covered.
- Then repeat with soaked sponge fingers. Repeat so you have 3 layers of sponge fingers and 3 layers of cream.
- Decorate the top as you wish – you may like to try rose buds or petals, pistachios or some grated white chocolate!
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until ready to serve.