2/3 cup black rice
1 red apple grated
¼ cup pistachios, ground of whole
½ punnet chopped strawberries
arils of ½ pomegranate
honey, rice malt syrup or sweetener of choice
rose petals (optional)
½ cup Luz Almond milk
- Cook black rice according to packet instructions (can be prepared in advance).
- Add the apple and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until the apple is tender.
- Add almond milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide rice between 2 bowls and sprinkle with rose water to taste.
- Top with strawberries, pomegranate, pistachios and rose water.
- Serve immediately. Serves 2.
To get the latest almond-rich recipes, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.