You might remember a little while back we introduced one of our favourite instagram sensations and food blogger, Ksenia of @breakfastcriminals. Since meeting her in Central Park NYC for a delicious Breakfast back in September we have watched her go from strength to strength, with her delicious recipes having being featured on such blogs as LuluLemon, The Body Book (yes that is Cameron Diaz’s site), MindBodyGreen, Well+Good and Le Pain Quotidien, among others.
Most of you are probably familiar with some of her delightful breakfast smoothie bowls, if you aren’t I suggest you get over to her instagram or blog immediately. However what you probably haven’t seen is the behind the scenes – what is actually in the fridge of the biggest breakfast criminal of them all, Ksenia Avdulova.
So here it is…have a peak inside her fridge:
- Unsweetened organic almond milk – to make smoothies and oatmeal
- Probiotic foods – miso to make soup, sauerkraut (I can’t live without it), sheep’s milk yogurt from farmers market, kombucha, yogurt starter, capsuled probiotics, powdered probiotic from Sunbiotic
- Superfood shelf, jars – flax, cacao nibs, cacao, hemp seeds, nutrition bars (Kind and International Harvest)
- Nopalina flax mix
- Snacks: tigernuts, vegan snack packs raw macarons
- Juice Press ginger fireball juice
- Ginger and lemon – to make tea
- Ran out of greens because I’ve been making kale salads for lunch daily!
- Raw cacao beans that I brought from Nicaragua with intention to make my own chocolate
- Sprout living sprout mix to add to smoothies, oats and salads adding nutrition value
- Veggie burger mix
- In the back: all my bulk cacao and cacao nibs from Frontier Coop (the best ever!)
- Aloe vera juice – alkalizing when mixed with water or as a shot
- Spelt flour
- Rice paper- to make veggie rolls
Quick Q&A with
Q: How do you maintain a healthy weight?
A: “Exercise is non-negotiable – I’m a sucker for a sweaty vinyasa and a good cardio. Not only it gets my heart rate up and is plain fun, but also it helps me connect with my body on a different level, which ultimately helps control appetite and emotional eating. A few more rules I follow is not shopping when hungry, and only buying groceries that I won’t regret eating 🙂 And rule number one of course, never skipping breakfast! It’s often my biggest meal of the day.”
Q: Why is a healthy weight important?
A: “Let’s get real, nothing feels more amazing than having a strong sexy bod! It gives you the confidence to go for your dreams and accomplish all your goals.”