We created these little delights just in time for Valentines Day …not only do they look gorgeous but they taste divine as well!
1 cup almond meal
1.5 cups rice flour
1/3 cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 sachet Jel-it-in
1 tbsp tapioca / corn flour
750mL (3 cups) Luz Almond Original Almond Milk
5 dates, pitted (soaked for 15 mins in hot water to soften)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or powder
2-3 tsp rose water
pinch rock salt
- To prepare tart shells: combine almond and rice flour in medium mixing bowl and combine.
- Heat maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil over low heat and stir until combined then pour into dry mixture. Mix and then use your fingers to form a dough.
- Press dough (do not roll) into 8 x 10cm individual non-stick tart tins.
- Blind bake in preheated 180 degree celsius oven for 10 minutes then remove weights and baking paper and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To prepare filling: place 625mL (2 ½ cups) Luz Almond milk, vanilla and sachet of jel-it-in in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine and bring gently to the boil over medium heat. Reduce to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime combine remaining 125mL (½ cup) of almond milk with tapioca. Blend with the dates until smooth.
- Add date mixture, rose water and salt to milk stirring constantly as it comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour into tart shells and allow to set in the fridge for an hour.
- Decorate as your heart desires, using the above suggestions or anything that takes your fancy! Refrigerate until ready to serve!
Happy Valentines Day Friends xxx