Do you skip breakfast? Are you trying to lose weight? Are you short on time?
The Top Five Reasons for Eating Breakfast
- Prevents us from consuming higher kilojoule snacks later on. By the time we end up eating we are often so starving that we are craving that sugar hit which often comes in the form of high fat and high sugar foods which results in the consumption of more kilojoules. We also often over eat at our next meals to make up for our deprivation earlier in the day. Therefore it is better to eat smaller, more regular meals starting with breakfast.
- It jump starts our metabolism and gets the enzymes in our body (which we require for metabolising food) going so that we are able to better break down and absorb the energy and nutrients from the foods which we consume.
- It makes it easier for us to meet the dietary serve recommendations particularly from the breads and cereals groups as breakfast cereals and toast are commonly consumed at this meal. In addition these foods are often high in fibre which is great for keeping our bowels moving and helping us to feel satisfied for longer.
- Provides us with fuel, which is particularly important for kids who require constant refueling to sustain their growing bodies and brains. In addition, a study by the Journal of the American Dietitetics Associaton showed that regular breakfast eaters are more likely to exercise regularly, which once again helps us with our health and can contribute to weight loss.
- Weight maintenance and weight loss, as a consequence of all the reasons listed above!!! (Probably the number one reason you may consider changing your skipping-breakfast habit?!)
Quick tips to save you time
- Make it the night before…Chia pudding requires 5 minutes preparation the night before and it is good to go when you are!
- Put your cereal and bowl out the night before, then top with your favourite Luz Almond milk…how long did that take…5 seconds…even?
- Grab a piece of fruit and a Luz Almond Espresso almond milk…caffeine hit, good fats, carbohydrates and a bit of protein!
That is just a few quick and easy ideas but there are so many ways you can ensure you fit in your breakfast with some requiring no preparation at all. The best way to ensure you start your day the healthy way is to THINK, PLAN, PREPARE!